Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp error messages and more!

• Please log in to reply

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Ok I was shutting down my computer... and just as it was shutting down, it gave me the BSOD and gave me this message:

This was likely caused by the following module: ctoss2k.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xE24C4A76)
Error: Unknown
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ctoss2k.sys
product: Creative Audio Product
company: Creative Technology Ltd.
description: Creative OS Services Driver (WDM)

First it was my graphics drivers/card, now its my sound card? Somethings not right here...

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what happens if you boot into safe mode with networking...
you could try reinstalling creative drivers...

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
hmm I'll try that. I'll let you know what happens.

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Ok im in Safe mode, so I'm in computer management, and I'm about to uninstall everything that has to do with Creative, but how do I do that? Its showing the creative game port, and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy. Do I just use Driver Cleaner pro to uninstall all of it?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
First, uninstall the Creative drivers using Add or Remove Programs. You can get to Add or Remove Programs by clicking on the Start Button, then clicking on Control Panel. Then click Add or Remove Programs. Once in Add or Remove Programs, you need to find anything related to Creative and click Change/Remove. Follow the prompts to uninstall the drivers.

Next, please download and install Driver Sweeper from here. (Click on the Download (Europe) link, then scroll down and click on I Agree.)

Then, boot the computer into safe mode. To do this,
  • Turn the computer on (or restart the computer if it is already on).
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in safe mode.
Next, open the program, Driver Sweeper, that you just installed. Check the checkbox for cleaning Creative - Sound drivers. Then press the Clean button.

Reboot normally (not into safe mode), and then, download and install the drivers found here. (Please verify that you do indeed have a Sound Blaster Audigy card.)

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Ok it worked! And it also got rid of my chirping noise when I was playing my games. =)

I'll let you know if I still get the BSOD. Thank you guys for all your help so far =D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and I'm glad to see one issue has been corrected.

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Ok I was watching another video, and then it gave me the BSOD again... And I didn't have my headset plugged in at the time .

This was likely caused by the following module: win32k.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF81C279, 0xB02FAC0C, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

I'm still looking to see if that $40 one is compatible for my Sonata II.

Edited by Sickness335, 27 August 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Sickness335

Sickness335

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Bump

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry we've been really busy.
Please go to Microsoft Knowledge base read and follow the steps they suggest to correct this problem specifically.

Advertisements

sarahskid09

sarahskid09

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently been having issuse with the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error as well. Recently my computer keeps having a pop-up at the bottom telling me my USB can perform faster if I do this or that, but I never have a USB plugged in when this error occurs. About 10 minutes ago I was writing an email and the blue "death screen" popped up saying it was this type of USB error and asks me if I've seen it before. The first time it happened, I let it go, but it's happened at least 5 times now. I don't know what is causing the problem or how to fix it.

Thanks,
Sarah