Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Camera Card not Working...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am trying to get a PCI card that connects to our Security cameras to work. The card has 4 video channels and 4 audio channels in the sound/game port section in the device manager. All of them have a Code 12 on them.

Gives this error when I look at its properties.

“This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)”

I disabled a few things in the BIOS so that I could free up some IRQ (serial port, onboard sound, mouse port, excess USB ports, floppy drive) but the error still continues. Makes me wonder if the card can’t work past a certain service pack in XP? Or if there is something wrong with the card? All it’s seeing is those video and audio channels, and there isn’t really a “card” that it sees. The only info I’ve been able to grab says that this professional version of the card has those 4 video and 4 audio channels that I should need to install. When I look at the info for the devices they don’t allow me to change the resources for them. The only devices that are throwing the conflicts are the audio and video channels as well.

I went to Device Manager, open the View menu and select the Resources By Connection option. I opened the Direct Memory Access (DMA), Input/Output (I/O), and Interrupt Request (IRQ) listings and look for the devices that produced the Code 12 error, but they aren’t listed. I should see one or more additional devices in the same listing with the same DMA, I/O, or IRQ number, but I don’t

If I just install 1 of these devices (video) it still gives the conflict. If I install all of them and then go back and disable all but one I still receive the conflict. I have uninstalled the sound card, as well, but I receive the same result from before and after. I would just call the companies support, but for some reason their website submission system is broken and the rest of the site is in Chinese…

If one of you can think of something, write me back?