Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing software for iPod Touch/iTunes

• Please log in to reply

Halite

Halite

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello!

After months of struggling with defective and broken iTunes programs, I was finally able to get iTunes onto my computer. It works perfectly, aside from, of course, connecting to my iPod!

I have the newest version of iTunes, and my Ipod Touch has software version 2.2.1

Every time I connect my iPod, I get an error message that says "This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes then install iTunes again." However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes many times, and even tried installing an older version once, but I still get the same error message!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.

~Halley

Edited by Halite, 19 August 2009 - 09:32 PM.

Advertisements