Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DIY wedding ideas?

• Please log in to reply

diazed

diazed

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi. My partner and I just got engaged and we're a little bewildered. Neither of us ever really thought it was something we'd want to do, so we don't know where to start. We definitely want something that's non-traditional, mostly DIY and low cost, but nice. Does anyone out there have stories or suggestions they'd like to share? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You can come to Australia for the wedding - that way I can attend. Yipee!

My suggestion is to make your own invitations. You have to do it together. You'll be arguing about the design of them and before you know it, you'll have no idea about a guest list anymore because you can't even agree on what the invitation is even going to look like. It's a great activity that will help you consolidate your relationship.

Plus you're making them yourselves (DIY) and so it also works out cheaper. :)

Aaaahhh the good ol' days of being engaged. Congratulations.

Troy

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi Diazed,

Congratulations! I think you will have more than enough ideas if you google "DIY Wedding Ideas". Since I"m such a nice guy and as a engagement present, I'll go ahead and link you to the top 3 hits for that search.

http://www.do-it-you...f-weddings.com/
http://www.mydiyweddingday.com/
http://www.diynetwor...ings/index.html

And on a side note, I just heard a couple days ago that weddings on the beach aren't as nice as you would think. Unless you have the money to rent a section of the beach/close down the beach, there will be all kinds of people and activity all around your wedding. Playing volleyball, swimming, sun tanning, etc. A friend of my girlfriend experienced this with her wedding this year. So keep that in mind. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what is you and your partner's favorite thing to do together? (not that!.....get your mind out of the gutter)...do you like to hike? mountain bike? rock climb? play COD or WOW (if you're both REALLY geeky you could have the ceremony in WOW only....or second life...or have a sims wedding...whatever)?

find a public place that offers seclusion but also doesn't have restrictions on things like weddings (a lot of parks require permits and such)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I just heard a couple days ago that weddings on the beach aren't as nice as you would think

Don't forget to mention the sand. It gets down your undies. Or is that only Australian sand?

We had some of our wedding photos taken down at the beach. Just because I feel like it, here's one of the nice ones. We had the negatives scanned and they came out alright. This picture is blown up very large on our wall. So it may be worth the sand in your undies for some nice photos.

Posted Image

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
That's a beautiful bride you got there Troy. I heard Australian girls were pretty. :)

And yes, sand gets up your ::mumbles:: in America too!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Mind you, that was 5 years and 2 children ago! :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
OMG, you did not just say that!!!! You better clear your cookies, history, and cache. Then, PM an admin to have this post deleted, or you may be looking at a divorce!

:)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette laughs at troy's face in that picture
hehe sorry...but that's a funny face

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah it was quite the day of emotions.

"I got the girl, what do I do now?"

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Money Money Money
:) :) :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:)

*Chopin is taking notes! :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Money Money Money

Ah yes. I've got the girl, now I'm supposed to earn some good money so she can take it from my wallet, right? I'm still working on the money bit.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Admin says that geeks get the pretty girls - this goes to show that he's right. :) Watch your hands there, by the way.

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
:) His hands aren't doing anything wrong. :) :) Troy's IS married to her... :)
BTW Troy, your wife's a knockout (Sari was right) and definately a keeper. You should have many wonderful years together.

Also, I visited your 'Gold Coast' area today using Google's maps. Nice place! Wasn't sure were it was in Australia, just curious. Hope you don't mind.