Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing XP alongside vista on Gateway NV52 laptop

• Please log in to reply

ReneeB

ReneeB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a computer ignoramus who recently bought a Gateway NV52 AMD Athlon 64 x 2 QL64, with 320GB HDD and 4 GB memory with Vista as operating system. When trying to instal my favourite accounting system (Peachtree 2007) and other software I ran into the vistas roadblock. I have been told that it is possible to instal XP (with which these programs are compatible) as either a dual boot system or to instal a virtual PC and then instal XP into this environment. Any recommendations on this? Gateway will be supplying me with a Windows 7 upgrade once it is available; will this have a virtual XP environment which will be compatible with my accounting software. Please answer as simply as possible - see the first part.

Advertisements

wcgreen3

wcgreen3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and came here looking for XP drivers for my new Gateway NV52.

The main problem I have run into [aside from Vista sucking] is that some of my software won't run in 64-bit mode. With my previous laptop, I was able to install XP and it ran fine. That is what I would like to do with the new one but I am not having any success finding the XP drivers for it. It seems that most of the sites for drivers are "pay per view".

Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

wcgreen3

wcgreen3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

Oops, I seem to have somehow posted the same reply twice. Have a learning curve here. Sry...

Edited by wcgreen3, 24 November 2009 - 12:18 PM.