Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Differant positions at Geek U

• Please log in to reply

rcramm

rcramm

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I have a question and I thought about posting it in the Geek U forums but then I thought everyone might learn from this.

What's the difference between the different mid level positions here at GeekstoGo? We have Malware Tech, Tech Staff and Malware Expert. Do they all have completely different responsibilities and permissions or can they all see and do the same stuff that the others can do making the title just a title?

Edit: Edit: I edited my edit.

Edited by rcramm, 20 August 2009 - 07:52 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Don't know about the others, but I have no "super powers". :) Pretty much answer posts and that's it for me. No special mod goodies allowed for me.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I'm thinking you should edit out your edit, buddy :) :)

Anyways, a Malware Staff is someone who has gone all the way through GeekU and is deemed competent to remove malware by him/herself. As you've probably figured out, this is pretty impressive :)

A Tech Staff is someone who has graduated from the Tech Academy. You don't apply for the Tech Academy; rather, you are selected for it by one of the TA admins. Basically it's like Malware Staff for the tech forums (e.g. Windows XP).

A Malware Expert is someone that knows so much about malware removal that it's scary. They're also often tool developers, like S!Ri or sUBs. An Expert might also be someone who's a respected teacher or admin at another forum, like 'KotaGuy. Basically, an Expert knows as much as a GUM but don't teach here.

I think MS and TS can see the same staff forums but TS have mod powers on more forums since there are multiple tech forums and only 1 malware forum. I'm not sure about Experts, since I've never been one. I think their mod powers are similar to MS but they might be able to see some additonal staff forums.

sari, how the heck do you type so quickly and accurately on a Blackberry!?

HTH! :)

Edited by Chopin, 19 August 2009 - 08:38 PM.

rcramm

rcramm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Thanks for the explanation. :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Why is that question in this thread? :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
in light of this topic, I have posted a new topic under Site Orientation and FAQ titled Staff titles and different groups here at geeks to go.

thanks for bringing it up :)

Edited by BHowett, 22 August 2009 - 09:13 AM.
spelling

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Looks good Big B! :) :)

The color for GloMo/GUM is slightly off; it's a darker purple :)

Edited by Chopin, 21 August 2009 - 08:14 PM.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Why is that question in this thread? :)

Oh, I was typing that on my iTouch and had to edit my post 3 times to fix all the typos! :)