Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Streaming Video/Flash problems.

• Please log in to reply

brelayne

brelayne

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Using: Windows Vista Home Premium

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Connected to home router and the connection speed says its fully connected.

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

Processor: Intel Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

used space: 93.8 GB
Free Space: 192 GB

Hi there. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.
I got my laptop at the end of June so it's practically new. Yet it's been giving me problems and I have tried a lot!
First off, I was using Internet Explorer (the newest version), and it was sooo slow no matter what, I cleared the cookies and files often and it always shut down on me. So I got firefox and firefox never shuts down. However, videos load sooo slowly! It takes me over 10 minutes to load a minute long video on youtube, and I really can't watch any other videos because it buffers every 2 seconds. Game sites like Habbo Hotel are extremely laggy and slow, and this never happened on my desktop computer that runs on XP.
Is it a flash problem?
Adobe flash took me forever to download, it kept either not popping up or not successfully downloading. Finally I got it to work, and I know I have it because Habbo wouldn't even load without it and it does load now.

Also I've tried updating my vista constantly and I just checked and my Windows is completely up to date. I don't know if this matters but the laptop also came with a Norton Antivirus security program which is constantly running.

I would appreciate any help, and please try to be clear, as I am not and have never been great at fixing computer issues.

Advertisements