Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Run has stopped working" and other nasties

• Please log in to reply

cenaris

cenaris

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Having looked around a little, you guys sound like you might be able to help, so would it be possible if you could lend a hand and help me with a little malicious problem?

I generally consider my system to be quite safe. I've rarely suffered from virus or malware related problems in the past, but recently I've been picking up imfections here there and everywhere. I update my security software on a regular basis.

So one problem that is causing me a lot of grief right now occurs when I boot up, at least within half an hour of doing so. I get bombarded with about 8 or 9 popups, some of them claiming Run has stopped working. APPCRASH is the problem here. But some of the popups also display trouble finding various tmp files like rasesnet, rasvsnet and incosnet. Virus and spyware scanning doesn't show these up. So what's the problem with this? How dangerous are these particular problems, and how can I remove them if they're not showing up in scans. This problem only ever happens once while the system is on and doesn't crop up again until another bootup.

Hope you guys can help me with this. It's beginning to drive me mad.

Advertisements