Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network adapters not working with new router/broadband

• Please log in to reply

pinkpebble

pinkpebble

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i've recently installed a new router which came with my new wireless broadband. my previous broadband provider was orange and my router and network adapters were all belkin. my new wireless broadband provider is o2 and i'm using their wireless router. i'm still using the same belkin network adapters. the network adapter in my laptop works ok but my laptop frequently disconnects for no apparent reason. also, one of the belkin adapters broke and the other doesn't work in either of my pcs. do i need to buy 3 new network adapters? or can i buy 2 (do they need to be belkin?) and carry on using 1 belkin in my laptop? the belkin adapters are 802.11g - 54Mbps.thank you!

Advertisements

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi There

Any wifi g adaptor should work - doesn't have to be Belkin. As for frequent disconnects check the security settings on the adaptors match those on the router exactly and maybe change the channel on the router.

Regards

pinkpebble

pinkpebble

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for your help.