Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy of windows is not genuine

• Please log in to reply

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When I turn my comp on it tells me 'Build 6002 This copy of windows is not genuine'

When I try to verify my windows it says its unable to and the code [0xC004C533] is desplayed. Im really at the end of my teather here, and my toolbar at the botton of the screen is missing, but from time to time comes back again. Im on a Hi-Grade laptop

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome. :)

Does this "Hi-Grade laptop" have a windows COA sticker underneath? It should say what version of Windows you have and the product key. (Do not post the product key - I'm just trying to determine if a problem is preventing it from being reported correctly or you do in fact have a non genuine version).

Cheers

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes it does have a sticker and product key, I didnt even know that was there, I havent got a clue. Im just confused this is the first time its happend, it seems to have been genuine for well over a year

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

Did you add or change something on your system just prior to getting this error message - ie: re-install Windows?

Also, what is the make and model of your laptop?

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 20 August 2009 - 08:44 AM.

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I dont thinks so, it does its own automatic updates but I didnt re-install windows

Erm ther isa model number VA25OD and as for the make I think Hi-Grade, I really dont know much of what Im looking at, thats all I can tell you

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. what does it say on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop (don't post the key code, just the operating system).

Murray

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
There are a couple of numbers but to be honest I dont know which one it is (I wont post the product key)

86G-01071

00144-326-047-141

X13-04655

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
:) Not numbers.. it should say something like XP Home Basic or XP Professional..

Murray

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
You said dont post key code so assumed you meant a number

it says windows vista home basic

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. you are going to need to write down the key code now.

Use the "Phone Microsoft" option when validating your install and give them the key code when requested. They will give you an activation code to install.

That should fix you up.

Murray

Advertisements

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thankyou :)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not a problem and good luck..

Murray

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Im really doing something wrong I cant find a phone microsoft option, and now the toolbar at the bottom of the screen has gone so I cant click on windows. Is there a link I can click on to take me to it?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
As per Microsoft..

How to activate Windows XP by phone
To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.
Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

Note The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.
When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.

Murray

miss-tinks

miss-tinks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Murray thanks for taking the time to message me like this but Iv still not got it,
I did what you said but couldnt find anything that said Activate windows. It said-
Back up configuration, character map, computer controle panel, disk clean up, disk defragmenter, internet explorer system, information system restor, task scheduler, windows easy transfer. And I dont know what the Windows Activation icon looks like or where the notification area is. I really am pretty thick when it comes to computers.