Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temporary User Account?

• Please log in to reply

CreeSweetSage

CreeSweetSage

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a question about a problem that occured with the pc about 3 minutes ago. My daughter was loading a very slow program called GIMP, I clicked off her nick and went to mine. It froze on the screen in between switching profiles. I manually restarted the computer and when she clicked on her nic, everything was gone. HOWEVER, all her info IS on the C-drive. But, not the actual nick and desktop. When she clicks on her nick, it shows a new desktop, as you it would look when you get a new computer. All the default setting. There was a popup that said Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile.Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator. She can access everything via the c-drive. Is there anyway to return it to the way it was? Or will a restore help? Or will she have to create a new nick and move all her info back to a new profile? Thanks for any help!!!!

Advertisements

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
take a look at This page Microsoft seems to have a fix for this issue.

NOTE: this page requires manual registry edit please make a backup of your current registry data before doing any fixes in case anything goes wrong.