Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google redirect and rootkit issues

• Please log in to reply

Imrie

Imrie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
And thanks in advance. Basically about a week ago i got some trojans. I tried to run some online scanners like kaspersky and trend micro. Trend micro found the trojans. I then downloaded the trial version of kaspersky to remove them and it removed some but the scans were constantly interrupted. Eventually someone referred me to a website that removed tdss trojans using malwarebytes. That removed most of them but wouldn't remove the uacinit.dll that was there.
Eventually i handed it over to some one that seemed to know about computer and they were able to remove the uac... issues with combofix. Malwarebytes then said my comp was clear of infections and i ran the scans about 8 times but i still kept being redirected using google. I decided to get avg and opted for their 30 day trial of pro or whatever it's called. The scans were constantly being stopped. I ran the anti-rootkit scan and it found 1001 rootkits before the program stopped responding. I didn't know if they were all good or bad so i opted to remove them all but then healed them before removing. My comp was then rebooted and has yet to startup. I've tried startup repair and its now stuck in a loop where it will say the program cannot start, turn off computer. I tried system restore but i always backed up onto an external hard drive which the recovery disc doesn't recognise. I just want my computer back!
I don't know if this still even a virus issue anymore. I can't find my installation disc so i can't even just do a full recovery. Any help you could give would be awesome, thank you.
Imrie

Advertisements