Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word Not Responding

• Please log in to reply

sarah_tee

sarah_tee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

Every time I open up Microsoft Word, it doesn't have the little black cursor that blinks on the blank page showing that it is ready for me to type. If I click on the page (or anywhere else on the screen) it instantly says "Document1 - Microsoft Word non-commercial use Not Responding" along the top bit. If I click anywhere again, the screen turns a light hazey kinda colour.

The same thing happens if I try to open a Microsoft Word document from within my Documents folder, or opening a Word document off an email.

Apparently I need to check to see if there are 'add-ons/add-ins' by running Word using safe mode. I did that, and it works fine, which means that there are add-ons/add-ins present. Firstly, what are add-ons/add-ins?? How do I get rid of them??

I'm not amazing with computers, so am finding it difficult to help myself.. and don't wanna pay ppl in town lots to fix it if there is a chance I can do it myself :)

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
I don't use Office 2007 (or Vista for that matter), but THIS link might help you. Good luck!