Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a way to tell if someone is tracking me on Facebook?

• Please log in to reply

passageofmind

passageofmind

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, so...this isn't completely off a tech. topic, but I didn't know where else to put it. With the quick research I have done, it seems that there is no way, currently, to track someone's views of your profile/ pictures on Facebook. However...

...maybe a few weeks ago, I was asking this guy I have a crush on if he would take a picture of himself on his camping/ biking trip. To which he replied "Why? Have you already looked through all my Facebook pictures?" (This was on MSN, just as a side note). Truthfully, I have looked at his albums more than a few times and maybe around that time I was looking with greater frequency than normal. However, he was dead serious and he is also very gifted with computers (so, I wouldn't put figuring out a way to track people past him). I feel quite hurt that he implied that I was a super stalker and if he feels he needs to track me that is really a shame! :) So, I wonder, was he just being a jerk or is he actually tracking my views of his profile/ photos (which is also kind of obnoxious)?

I notice that (at least from what I can see and know) that he uses Facebook mostly for applications and that most of the pictures he has are ones friends have posted. He will post items on his page, but frequently does a purge of everything on his wall (again, from what I can see). So, currently I have no textual interaction with his profile or pictures, which, I think, would rule out stalker/ fan check.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
It's impossible to know who has looked at your Facebook profile/pictures/anything or how many times they've looked at your Facebook profile/pictures/anything. It sounds like your friend was just trying to be funny.