Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP problem WI6814.exe.

• Please log in to reply

Billie Sue

Billie Sue

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A week ago my husband was searching the net when a pop up occured that we had a trojan virus and it directed to a different wbsite other than Norton to fix it. Like a scam. I shut down the computer rebooted when I did a pop up occured from Windows Protection Suite that a problem WI6814.exe. had a occured to tell Mircosoft. Also a desktop icon Windows Protection Suite was put on. I have had this computer for 3 years and never had had this. I do have Norton 360 and it does not detect a problem . Also my when I search Yahoo an error 999 comes up and I can't search the web. I have done windows update, scanned with Norton 360 and tried to system restore wich it will not let me do! What do I do!!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.