Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Problem

• Please log in to reply

cookie36

cookie36

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
i uninstalled the java software so i could reinstall at a later time so when i try to install it says, the feature ur trying 2 use is on a network resource that is unavailable it says click ok 2 try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "jre1.6.0_14-c.msi" in the box below,which i have looked everywhere and cant find i have even checked under the hidden file area.then it says when i click ok to try again it says the path c:/documents and settings/michelle/application data/sun/java/"jre1.6.0_14-c.msi" cannot be found. verify that u have access 2 this location and try again or try 2 find the installation package "jre1.6.0_14-c.msi" in a folder from which u can install the product java ™6 update 15. i guess when i uninstalled it something got messed up and it will not let me install now i have tried numerous times to install it and it says the same thing everytime.i have looked at all my files and folders and cannot find anything at all with java on it. i have also looked under the task manager 4 jqs.exe to stop it thinking that might work but that is not there either. also tried to stop on the command prompt but that says java doesnt exist.i dont know what to do so if u could help it would greatly be appreciated. thank you!

Advertisements

cookie36

cookie36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
uninstalled java so i could download at a later date so today i decided i wanted to download it again so i could play on pogo.com and ran into a problem.it said this software has already been installed on ur computer and it asked if i wanted to reinstall it even though i uninstalled it a few months ago so i said yes and when i pressed that it said this action is only valid 4 products that r currently installed, so 4 some reason it doesnt know if i have it.ihave tried numerous things to try to get it working. i have no files or folders relating to java on my computer.also tried the command prompt to find out if it was running and it wasnt,tried the task manager,tried the windows installer utility,checked to make sure i was administrator of my computer which i am,ran my registry cleaner and my antivirus program,cleaned everything i could think of but didnt help. so please if any1 can help i would appreciate it thank you!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi cookie36

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.
  • next follow the steps below for Upgrading Java

Upgrading Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 15.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u15-windows-i586.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u15-windows-i586.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

Let me know if that takes care of your problem :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I received a PM from cookie36 saying the above instructions worked, and everything is running fine.

so I guess we can call this one resolved :)