Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get internet connected.

• Please log in to reply

alienware

alienware

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I have a lynksis Broadband-G SRX 200. I reinstalled windows on my desktop which the router is connected to through a cable and now i cant get an internet connection. I am currently on my moms laptop which is on the wireless internet connection that the lynksis is holding up. I have two computers running on the internet connection yet my desktop cant get it even if the router is connected by a cable! Please help me. ive called lynksis but the tech support started getting into paying extra for help. i cannot get internet AT ALL! I have a dell and its about 5 years old. it has XP on it.
thank you

Edited by alienware, 21 August 2009 - 03:20 PM.

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :) Welcome to the G2G forums.

You probably need to reinstall the drivers for your networking devices to work.

What is the exact make and model of your Desktop?
What is the make and model of the Networking card if you bought one from a third party and installed it?
What version of Windows are you running and at what patch level (Service Pack 1, SP2, etc)?