Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Western Digital WD15EADS Freezing.

• Please log in to reply

XxFadedxX

XxFadedxX

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Recently, I got a Western Digital WD15EADS 1.5 tb hard drive. It works alright except for the fact that sometimes, my computer freezes. This never happened before I installed the hard drive in. Is there anyone out there with a similar experience with this hard drive and does anyone know a way to fix this?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I don't have experience with your particular drive, but I once had a WD 500gbs which was brand new and it aleady had bad sectors. My computer would intermittently show problems like yours. The only solution was to RMA the drive and get a replacement Seagate that I should have bought in the first place! LOL, I always buy Seagate but wanted to try WD again as it was relatively cheaper. WD... never again!

At this point in time, it would be a good idea to backup any important data you have on your computer before the drive fails. I recommend you RMA that drive if you still can or return it to WD for a replacement. I'm sure it still has warranty since you just got it.

XxFadedxX

XxFadedxX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yea, I wanted to get the Seagate Barracuda but my friends all said WD was reliable and better so I got the WD.
I'll run a check right now on the harddrive and see if it's damaged. Thank you for the reply.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You're welcome... good luck to you!