Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Full Screen Pop Ups are taking over my computer!

• Please log in to reply

summer2009

summer2009

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About 2 weeks ago, my symantic virus software vanished off my computer. I was also getting full sized pop up ads and I still am. (two that I wrote down are job.com and news4online.net and properties said aads.sidebar.gif)

When I am on the internet and an add is about to pop up the computer moves super slow and "poof" there it is!

The ads are usually from a well known/established company and I can't believe they are what I am receiving!

Also I cannot view all of my pages on Facebook. It's like it is blocking it!

I downloaded Norton about a week ago and it did remove numerous problems and I was on line with them last night and they said for $99.99 they would walk me through removing it. I don't have the money right now!

My kids were really in to looking at You Tube, so don't know if it came from something they were viewing!

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

Suggest you read the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide.

Once you have done all that, if you are still having problems, post a log in the Malware Forum.

Murray