Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nice Website And Hello

• Please log in to reply

DrD

DrD

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
B)

Hello, I was looking for a local computer shop when I came across
your website. It's a great idea to have a place where people can
share their experiences with others and help to solve problems. I'm
a test engineer at a large optical switch company, and I have a home
network with remote VPN access, and I'm a heavy gamer. I build my
own PCs, so I may have some good info to share with people. Also,
I have installed and maintained many different operating systems from
Win98/2k to Linux, Sun and HP-UX. So I have a background there. If
anyone is beating their heads on a wall trying to get something going
I like to solve problems, so feel free to PM or post. I'm heavy into
MMORPG - online role playing games. Anyone waiting for Star Wars
Galaxies to come out ? That will be fun! <_< Anyway, thanks for
doing the work to setup this board and I hope to visit it from time
to time and post some info regarding my PC setups.

Cheers,
DrD

Advertisements

kittnmeister

kittnmeister

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would just like to follow-up on this post as well, I have been browsing for about an hour! As someone who runs a website, I see a forum on how-to's and fixes on that subject! I originally was curious about some files that were running in the background, have since downloaded and am getting ready to do a system check! So much advice, so little time! A great site that I'm glad I've come across like DrD above me :) Will be back if I find anything wrong of course! And look forward to reading posts in the website section of the site! Great Job All, I've seen so many people who have come looking for help with viruses, virii? lol, but the main point, is you go far and beyond the point of helping people that I have seen similiar sites do. And for free, donations welcome of course. So a thanks in advance, should any problem arise and a thanks for setting up a forum like this one. Great Job!

Bill

ps. OH MY, that post was almost 3 years ago! And I never came across the site...? :) But keep up the good work! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

the main point, is you go far and beyond the point of helping people that I have seen similiar sites do.

That sentence right there is why I love this site, and what I do here, so much. :) Our Staff is a giant family, and I truly feel that comes across in how each and every one of us deal with the people we help. :)

Thank you both for your wonderful words of support! Comments like these are what make what we do here worthwhile! :tazz:

kittnmeister

kittnmeister

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome Kat, I appreciate it from a fellow kat :) after running hijackthis...and the recommended software, found 71 examples of mal-ware. 1 I needed to keep...site I use often...somethings you have to put up with and it was rated minimal. Norton has gotten a bad name, but it has prevented SOME malware...but not all. Also they sneak in when looking for "cheat codes" for like the sims2...hit a wrong site..bam! Probably where I picked most of them up. Was a big sims player for a bit. I think I was looking for new planes for my flight sim as well..doubt I got any on those sites...they seem pretty legit about what they do in designing the planes (more of a passion than a business). But, being disabled, I am unable to donate this month, but will in the future, may not be much, but every little bit helps!! (Plus this month, the SS department decided I picked the wrong plan ( was told they would cover any plan to those who recieve aid like medicaid up to $32.00, so I picked a $15.00 plan over a $9.50 plan, then they decide...noooo, don't matter if we said $32.00, you HAVE to pick the cheapest plan...which overall would have cost me more, the cheaper plan that is) bah. Plus, that was all due to a "Brochure" misprint or error, which they gave to all social security workers and medicaid caseworkers, decided it would cost too much to reprint them and mislead the public instead. This whole prescription drug plan has been a fiasco, we really can't blame who voted it in, because in the long run, I save money....but the people who were supposed to initiate it and set it up...morons. anyway, wayyyyy off topic :) but I get on a roll when it comes to that. So thanks, will try to donate, I always appreciate a good cause. And this is definately one of them. And at the moment, showing a friend who's comp is filthy with malware...this site and recommended software. So Kudos again, knowledge gets passed on! :tazz: You guys are all so :)
KittnMeister
Pokerholic's Pressure Pit Trivia

Edited by kittnmeister, 21 March 2006 - 08:12 AM.