Hi, I've been trying to figure a couple things about computers out, such as
.... Welcome to G
I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
1. What does the blue screen of death do? (I'm not sure if i've ever gotten this, i've just heard of it) BSOD or Blue Screen Of Death is a actual blue screen. It will contain technical information that describes a problem your system may have. For instance a driver failure or a hardware problem. Normally you will not see it as it will flash to fast. Sometimes it will show up and you can read it. In these rare times you can copy the information and relay it to a Tech here for more precise help with a issue and hopefully a resolution to the problem.
2. How can files and/or internet sites be corrupted? This can happen when a installation on a program does not complete correctly. A virus may cause this issue also. Internet sites become corrupted due to malicious codes or in some rare cases of someone hacking or breaking into the site without authorization.
3. How does an anti-crapware program detect crapware?They do this by searching for common codes within the programs. Malware, Virus infection, Trojans all contain codes specifically written to cause a problem. Once a code has been discovered then people like some of the Malware Techs here st GTG will figure out a way to defeat it by writing a fix for it or a way to destroy it with scans and custom codes and or fixes
4. What are .bat files? These are several commands grouped together to do a specific set of programming. Malware Techs use these at times to fight infections as there are usually several files that need to be deleted or cleaned. A batch file can do this faster then trying to do one command at a time.
5. What does SOUNDMAN do and why does it sound so awesome?This is part of the Sound and Audio drivers for your system. Most commonly used with Realtek Ac97 drivers. It helps the sound work better and yes it does sound impressive as you say.
6. How can it take so many files to make a computer run? Seriously, there are 2,000 + files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 alone! System32 is the brain of windows and contains all the needed exe, bat, cmd and other assorted files for windows to function correctly. Not only this but normally will contain the I386 folder which is the backup files for you installation of the OS system. They are needed to keep the OS running smoothly and not a place to play around in unless instructed by a Technician.
I would normally ask my dad (who used to work in computers) but his job went away recently and he's kinda stressed, so i don't want to bother him much.
I hope this has answered your questions and if you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.
I try to be specific but also say things in a way that is understandable to someone who does not understand the technical terms as well as GEEKS
per say do.