Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with Dell Inspiron 16400 Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Isaiah VanderHyden

Isaiah VanderHyden

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is my laptop that i had bought about 2 1/2 years ago. up until about 2 months ago, it has been working fine. but, i noticed some strange things hapening, then one thing led to another and BLAM! its almost completely unusable (small exaggeration... but really theres something wrong.) Here is a few problems with it.

1. i cant access the internet:
i connect to my wireless network (and even hardwire it to my modem) but whenever i try to type in a website, it says something like; "address is not valid" or "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". BUT; i can use AIM and talk to my friends. WEIRD. btw it says the wireless (or local) networks are connected with exellent strength.

2.The background says "active desktop recovery" and when i try to change my background, all of the selections in the bo are grayed out and so is the BROWSE button, so i cant choose anything for my background except for solid colors.

please reply if you think you know whats wrong. school starts soon and i really cant afford another laptop.

Advertisements