Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i/o Magic 20x DVD +/- RW External USB

• Please log in to reply

Pelley

Pelley

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good Day Everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem I am having. I have contacted the company tech support and they were no help.
I just recently purchased the above listed burner. My problem is: it is recognized as a DVD-RAM in my computer. It can play cd's and dvd's with no problem. As soon as I put a blank cd or dvd in the drive to burn something. The drive switches to a cd-rom drive. I get a message telling me that there is no recorder available. Is there a certain type of dvd or cd that I should be using? I have cd-r's and dvd-r's ..

I have used a few different programs to burn off disk but nothing works. I have tried Nero 6, nero 7 and Nero 8. I have also used Ashampoo Burning Studio. I have also tried to burn an audio cd from windows..
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
Have you tried using this drive with another computer? If not, you should try it to see if it works. If it doesn't, return the drive from where you purchased it and get a replacement. The worst thing you can do is start troubleshooting something you just purchased.

Edited by makai, 22 August 2009 - 11:27 AM.