Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why won't Microsoft Office Student 2007 cd run?

• Please log in to reply

dwarro

dwarro

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I'm trying to runa microsoft office student version 2007 disc in my new laptop and for some reason it acts as if the disc isn't even inserted in the cd drive?
I've also tried running it in two other computers:

My girlfriends mac = the cd ran great (i did not install anything though)

My mom's pc = I get an error stating "The SETUP.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:VerifyVersionInfoW."
This error does not come up on my computer however (I am running vista while her pc still runs Windows ME)

I have used this disc to install office twice before and I know the product key only allows you 3 installs so I'm wondering if that somehow has something to do with it? Does the disk wipe out a critical component needed to install again and again once it has reached it's limit? If so am I screwed or do I just need to find someone with the Microsoft disc?

Also, I already have a microsoft student version pre-installed on my hp stating it's a 60-day free trial version. I have my microsoft office product key but when I enter it into the version installed on my computer it doesn't recognize it? Whyis the product key only valid for the cd version but not the version pre-installed on my pc?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Office 2007 requires XP Service Pack 2/3, Vista (any service pack) or Windows 7. It does NOT work under Windows ME.

That being said, is this the only CD/DVD that doesn't work in your laptop?

glouces

glouces

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem. My computer acts as if there is not disk in the drive. I am running XP with Service Pack 3. I just reformatted my computer and the cd-roms worked fine. I have MS Office Enterprise 2007 Student Select Media. I can put the Communicator disk in and it works fine. Please help me.