Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did you know?

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that at dawn on Friday, 13 October 1307 (a date sometimes linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition) King Philip IV ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested.

Their influence quickly grew as they set up banks, built fleets of ships and controlled the island of Cypress. Their banking system was ingenious as pilgrims could deposit funds in their home countries and withdraw funds in the Holy Land.

It has been said that King Philip IV owed the Templars money that he could not repay, which lead to false accusations and the take down of the Templars to prevent from having to pay the money back...

And the rest of the story.... very interesting, if I don't say so myself!

Friday the 13th, 1307, the Knights Templar Are Arrested And Executed

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 4,649 posts

did you know....that is just creepy!!

I think there are still Templars around today? 

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know.... I think so, too. Freemasons come to mind. If I recall correctly, any building that has Temple on it had something to do with the Templars. We have one in my home town called The Mason Temple..

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know...

It has been said that "Just Joshing you" originated in the 1800's and is in reference to a young mute fella by the name of Josh Tatum.

Here's the rest of the story...

Josh Tatum

Angelica12

Angelica12

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks for the rest of the story, very interesting.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you know that baby carrots actually started out as "baby carrots" and not hybrids of cross pollination of two different varieties of carrots?

It all started back in the '80's when a farmer in Bakers Field CA. by the name of Mike Yurosek realized that he was tossing out about 400 pounds of carrots a day due to their imperfections. He decided to shave down the "ugly" ones and sell them as "snack size". They were so popular that "other" people started developing miniature carrots strains and some harvesters even pulled their carrots immaturely.

And that is how the baby carrot came to be! :)

The invention of the baby carrot

HenryButtler1

HenryButtler1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

hahaahah. i'm laughing.