Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Heragui

Heragui

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, greetings from mexico.

I'm having a problem installing office enterprise, after putting the key, when the program is halfway the installation a message appears that says: Office stopped the installation because some windows files are protected; How can I "unprotect" those files? This same office copy was installed without any problems in another PC. I installed my XP from a USB pendrive cause I have an aspire one (no CD or DVD reader, but never had a problem with any other software. Thanks for helping.

Advertisements

kfawcett

kfawcett

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Not sure if this will solve your problem, but make sure you are installing as an administrator.

Shift + Right Click on the exe, then choose "run as administrator"

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
As you are using the Enterprise edition, your IT administrator should be installing this for you and will be able to fix the error. If you are using this outside of your work situation or have obtained it illegally, then you need to uninstall it.

Either way, I'm closing this topic.