Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

it anyway to fast a dial connection?

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
I Using dial connection in my computer and I want my computer can downloan the pages more fast, but I don't know to boost my dial connection, is anyway that I can do that? thank for any help that any one can give me.

transit

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nope.....

there is no way to make a dial up connection move any faster than it is moving....dialup is capped at 56k (ish)....that's as fast as it will go

there are a multitude of "dial up accelerators" available online but they're all pretty much the same thing....and NONE of them makes your connection move any faster...all they do is cache information on your computer for frequently viewed sites (and quite often come loaded with spyware)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Actually you can, it's pretty easy to do - just ring your internet provider and get them to upgrade you to broadband. :)

Otherwise no, like she said.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I am a little confused about the accelerators as well, and if others differ from the rest.

For example, regular dial-up through Netzero which I do believe is through the same thing as Juno... offer an accelerated dial-up service, for five dollars more. This is in VERY small letters in the FAQ section..

* Speed reference based upon comparison to nationally available dial-up ISPs, set at maximum acceleration. NetZero HiSpeed 3G accelerates certain web page text and graphics when compared to standard dial-up Internet service. Actual results may vary. Some web pages such as secure or encrypted web pages will not be accelerated. NetZero HiSpeed 3G is not a broadband service and actual data transmission rates are not faster than standard dial-up Internet service.

So I'm kind of unsure how that works.. but if you were going to pay 5 dollars more.. just up it to $10 and get low end DSL.

BTW Troy, nice new pictures! Your kid is a cutie!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I am a little confused about the accelerators as well, and if others differ from the rest.

the accelerators will download and store a large amount of the information displayed on commonly viewed websites when you visit them...that way the next time you visit the site it will SEEM to load faster because it's actually loading the majority of the content from your computer instead of the internet...HOWEVER there are VERY few sites around these days where this will work...MOST sites are going to a model that involves dynamic content instead of static content...which means that what shows on the page changes frequently (sometimes daily ...sometimes hourly) so you can't really cache the content as it's changing all the time