Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound - splitter and headphone issue

• Please log in to reply

Hollz

Hollz

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
My computer was custom built by a friend and the front headphone jack does not work, so I've been using a splitter in the back that goes into my speakers and has a jack that comes to the front that I can plug headphones in, so that way I don't have to reach around to the back when I want to use headphones and just turn my speakers off.

Lately when I've been using my headphones, the sound has been switching in and out from being fine to only playing out the right ear. I had thought this was a headphone issue but I tried with different headphones and got the same result. Is there anything I can do/try? Faulty splitter, or just an issue I'm bound to encounter with my setup? Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are the front panel connectors plugged into the MOBO?
It sounds like the Splitter itself is failing.
Try plugging the headphones directly into the computer and see if that resolves the issue.
If so then you would need to buy a new splitter.
Check the connections for the front panel connectors also.