Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting Static-Crackling noise out of my speakers

• Please log in to reply

rocknje

rocknje

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey everyone,

I am having problems with static and crackling sound coming out of my speakers. I am using a brand new built computer. The motherboard I am using is the Gigabyte x58 UD5P for the Intel Core i7. If you need any more info on my computer specs, I will add if needed.

I am not sure if it is a faulty I/O audio ports on the motherboard or not. I did a test on my old computer and I did not get any of the static and crackling sound.

So, with that said, is there something wrong with the motherboard's I/O sound ports? Do I need to upgrade a bios or driver? I did try plugging the speaker connector in all of the I/O ports and I only get sound out of the bottom middle green one.

I did try playing with the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, but I still couldn't get rid of that pesky static & crackling noise. Due to my experience, I am not sure what to do next.

Thank you all for your help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Go to Gigabyte's site and download and install the sound drivers for your board.

rocknje

rocknje

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Go to Gigabyte's site and download and install the sound drivers for your board.

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. I reinstalled and even updated the audio drivers and I am still having the same problem. I called Gigabyte and they had me unplug the FAudio connector and even try replugging the 3.5 inch connector into another slot, but nothing seems to work.

They said, I can RMA it, but before I do that I want to wait another week to see if I can solve this issue.

Any other suggestions?