Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP dosent let me open my usb pendrives or cd

• Please log in to reply

Zet

Zet

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
The problem is that, Im not sure if it was after, before, or meanwhile I was fixing my computer with the help of Geeks to go(the topic is this: http://www.geekstogo...owtopic=249783), from a Win32/Rootkit.Agent.ODG, I came to note that when I plug my usb pendrive memorys to my computer, it recognizes them partially, it just dosent let me open them, and says they are without format, but if I go into propiertys, I can see the brand name and everthing, so it makes me think its not a hardware problem. Ive tryied my pendrive on other computers and its ok, its working. The same problem, I have with my CD player. The pointer changes to the one with the arrow and the cd image, like when its reading something, but then, it just dosent opens a thing and says "insert a cd".

Aside this, im thinking that there might be something else about this, cause when i close some programs, like winamp or... cant remember names really, but a msg of error comes out, like an error on a dll, with the red circle and white X on it, this also happens around 4 windows of error when a program its rebooting my computer, but i cant really read them or take a SS of it cause it shuts down too fast.

Does anyone have any idea, or has a plan to help me check/fix this please?

Advertisements

Zet

Zet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Great, now the geek teacher that was supposed to help me fix this, generated a problem and now dosent know how to fix the problem he made me do it.

Any one else willing to help?

Zet

Zet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
forgot to add, that if you take the time to read the last 3 posts of the geekteacher that helped me on the topic I posted first, you would know that combofix is the one that disabled this thing that its causing me this problem, so who can help me check if its a enabled/disabled problem, and any ideas how to enable it again?

Thanks in advance

Zet

Zet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ive been adviced to try a autofix from windows, that repairs the autoplay on the drives with no results.
Please, someone help me check wheres the problem, or the only chance to fix this is by formateing my c:\ ?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Go to device manager and uninstall all USB drivers. If you have hardware like printer and camera working well, don't uninstall them. Reboot and let windows install them afresh.

Zet

Zet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Right now I'm at the university; ill arrive home in like 3-4hrs, then ill uninstall my USB drives, and then reboot the computer, so when it comes back on, it will say "new hardware found" and i install them as windows normaly does?
Cause i have no installer or drives from it.

About the CD player, should i do the same?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Zet

Zet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Did what you said, still not working ;( any other ideas?