Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Loading Operating System after memory dump

• Please log in to reply

AC1905

AC1905

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, the other computer in my home (running Windows XP Home) is showing the "Error Loading Operating System" error. It's shown after the pc manufacturer logos show on boot. It only started after I allowed a "dump of physical memory" BSOD to run. Big mistake i suppose... :)

I'd rather not try to fiddle with anything without advice from people who know what they are doing.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Tried Safe Mode?

AC1905

AC1905

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
As I've said, it only shows the manufacturer logos etc. then immediately says it cannot load Windows. The only thing I can do is boot from the CD, but I don't know where to go from there. I want to avoid reinstalling windows, but I will if I must.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Again....did you try Safe Mode?
Restart the computer, and keep tapping F8 key. See, if you can get some menu there.

What brand of computer is it?

AC1905

AC1905

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry about the wait, but I found my dad formatting the pc :) . Thanks for replying there but I suppose formatting is for the best. The pc was cluttered anyway...

By the way it works now but I'll have to start installing everything all over again :) .

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Thanks for posting back :)