Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sell laptop for netbook & desktop

• Please log in to reply

kjkaber

kjkaber

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im new here and this is my first question im posting on this site.

Currently i have a (I would say) midrange laptop that was custom built for me at the local computer store (Computer Support Plus in WI). This is a really nice laptop, but its stuck in between the two computing worlds i place myself in: on the low end: web browsing, note taking, etc. and on the high end: gaming, video editing, etc.

I start my freshman year of college in the fall and i want portability so i can take notes and whatnot at lectures as well as just surfing the web around the house. I think a netbook might suit these needs, although im not entirely sure. If i had a nebook i'd imagine the only progams i would run on it would be firefox, itunes, microsoft word, excel, powerpoint. etc. and possibly project 64 (i love emulators).

If i got a netbook i would definitely look into buying a midrange desktop that i would be able to customize on my own to suit my needs. i've never built a computer or installed any hardware, but ive seen tutorials and i believe im capable of doing it.

Im sure if i sell my current laptop i might make $700-900 and with that money i would buy a netbook and midrange desktop (preferably with windows). im not concerned about customizing the desktop right away. it would be something i would do when time and funding is sufficient.

Theres my case. Tell me if you have any opinions. Thanks!

Edited by kjkaber, 24 August 2009 - 12:39 PM.

Advertisements