Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless detected, but cannot connect.

• Please log in to reply

lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
I've currently rewired my whole wireless system and I switched up the computers which held the modem and the wireless card. The setup is currently the same as before, only they were switched around. I currently have:
Siemens SpeedStream 4100 Ethernet ADSL Modem - This shouldn't be the problem because I've got a wired connection to this computer, and I'm currently running on it. Connection is: Modem-Wireless Router-Computer

Airlink 101 Wireless Router Model: AR670W - There may be a problem with the wireless connectivity because the light under the wireless part is still blinking, instead of being solid. I've already gone to 192.168.1.1 to check the settings. If you need a shot of those settings, tell me which pages are needed, and I can provide them. -Update- It probably isn't this because my sister has a laptop and she is still connected to the wireless.

Motorola Wireless PCI Adapter WPCI810G- I downloaded the latest driver directly from the website. I think this may also be the problem because when I downloaded the driver to the other computer, it said that it may not be compatable. -Look at bottom for more info-

Both computers are running on Windows XP SP2-SP3

When I previously downloaded the driver on the computer I'm currently using it worked, but on the other computer, it had said it may not be compatable. I downloaded it anyways and it's working. It detected my network but it isn't connecting.

Edited by lilaznpnk, 24 August 2009 - 12:15 PM.

Advertisements

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Only a suggestion - Start Menu - Connect To - Right click you wireless connection - Properties - On the General tab, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) - Properties - Make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" and also "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are checked.

Edited by Randomlygeneratedusername, 24 August 2009 - 05:36 AM.

lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The settings for it are already like that.

lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I've fixed the problem. I forgot to check if it the authentication settings were opened or shared.