Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek - Microphone Issue

• Please log in to reply

justboss

justboss

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Today I came on my PC and tried talking through my microphone, all of a sudden all I could hear was a hum and no other sound, my voice wasn't even being noticed at all, now matter how close I was getting. I bought a new mic and the same problem remained, updated my Realtek drivers and problem remained, looked through google for solutions, couldn't find any.

Please note I have checked if any thing's on mute, it's not, I've looked at all options I know about and it's all fine.

It's happened all of a sudden so I don't know if the problem is deeper then just the software perhaps?

Thanks!

PS. I am using Home Premium and on 32-bit.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Try re-installing the software? A make and model of the mic would be nice.. or is it built into the computer?

justboss

justboss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Already re-installed it and as for the make/model, here's the link from Argos of the item;

http://www.argos.co....EMICROPHONE.htm

And my other microphone was a similar logitech version.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Are you on a laptop or a desktop? Sometimes when laptops are connected to power, the buzzing sound strikes in. Have a feeling your on a desktop though.. Try getting as far away from the computer with the mic, and see if the buzzing gets lower or changes.

Is your sound too high? Try muting everything instead, and then only taking one at a time off mute.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Could you plug the mic into a different computer? Then we could rule out if it was the mic vs. computer..

justboss

justboss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Microphones work on other computers :)