Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PunkBuster on BF2 - kick after entering games

• Please log in to reply

bobsmith10

bobsmith10

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello I got BF2 and it runs fine other then the fact that after about 30 seconds of game play punkbuster kicks me saying "PunkBuster kicked player '_' (for 0 minuter)... RESTRICTION: Service communicationfailure: PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped" im running windows 7 right now which I don't know if this is making the problem any worse but I've tried many many times to install punkbuster or update it but nothing eems to work. If any body could give me any advice on how to get this to work please help me out.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Punkbuster is not supported on windows 7 at this time.

bobsmith10

bobsmith10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
o ok that makes alot of sence thank youfor your help.

Desdicado

Desdicado

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Punkbuster is not supported on windows 7 at this time.

BF2 was one of the things I SPECIFICALLY tested for during the Win 7 beta (x64) and it worked fine as did punkbuster. The problem he is having is an old problem and happens with every OS when pb fails to update on its own. Just go to evenbalance.com and follow the directions for doing a manual punkbuster update and all will be fine.

Masscarnage

Masscarnage

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Edited by Masscarnage, 11 September 2010 - 06:17 AM.

Masscarnage

Masscarnage

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK.. I run BF2 on windows 7, it's the only thing I found to make it work without getting kicked out.

1. Go to start and open services.msc (services)
2. Start BF2, choose your server while it loads go back to services and open pnkbstrB
3. Change Start up to Manual
4. Go to Recovery and set all to restart the service.

You might have to do this everytime you change the server.

See you at the game.

;-p

Edited by Masscarnage, 11 September 2010 - 06:16 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to evenabalance.com and download pbsetup.exe. Follow their directions. You will need to run it as administrator (right click on exe and select run as admin). make sure bf2 is selected as a game to update. Once it has updated, go back into bf2. I would also recommend that you right click on bf2 and "run as admin". This should get you around these issues.