Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fixing registry after system recovery

• Please log in to reply

MaxMurder

MaxMurder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Done. I will post back if I have any more problems, or if all is well. Thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you crash again...download and install WhoCrashed from [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe"%20target="_blank">http://www.resplende...exe</a>"]here[/url]..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

MaxMurder

MaxMurder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I don't want to jinx it, but so far, so good. No BSODs.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Then don't jinx it. :)

:)

MaxMurder

MaxMurder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I do have one more quick thing that perhaps you can help me with before I stop bugging y'all:
For some reason my machine is not reading all fonts. For instants some languages with strange characters instead of letters (ie Chinese) are appearing as those little boxes with numbers in them. The same goes for some fonts I downloaded to this machine. What would I do to fix that?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here to Troubleshoot font problems...
A font conflict can cause system errors (for example, Invalid Page Fault errors) when you work in applications. A font conflict can occur when you use a damaged font, have too many fonts installed in the Windows registry, or are using an old or incompatible font..
I would start by removing the fonts you downloaded...

MaxMurder

MaxMurder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Alrighty, it looks like it is fixed as well.
Thanks again for all the help. Unless I crash again, I'll probably leave this thread rest. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)
but if you have a new problem start a new thread