Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't uninstalls games

• Please log in to reply

princessa

princessa

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all! I downloaded 3 games and wanted to uninstall them. However it does not allow me to uninstall. It gave me this error message:

Invalid uninstall control file: <follow by the drive>

I wonder can I use delete the whole folder? But what will happen to those dead uninstallers that remain in the Add/remove programs?

P.S:I remembered when I installed the games, it installed finish and I clicked "Finish", its gave me an error msg something like: Unable to save session variable (2).
I wonder is this that causing the problem. I never think much as the game is working fine.

Please help. Thanks!

Edited by princessa, 25 August 2009 - 06:39 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello PRINCESSA.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

Download Revo Uninstaller and then click any entries for the 3 games you want to uninstall.
Then click the uninstall button
Let us know how this works for you.

princessa

princessa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi! I'm glad you can help me with this problem. I followed your instructions and download the revo uninstaller. However I got stuck. Step 1 I choose the moderate then proceed to Step 2 ended up with the same error message. Then I click Next and it bring me to the delete registry page. And I don't know which to delete or keep. I posted up the picture, to let you see which step I'm talking about.

Million Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First picture click Advanced Mode
Then see if that gets rid of it.
Also another option is to boot into Safe Mode and try running Revo from there. This way any of the programs will not be in use by the system.

princessa

princessa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Just tried. Same things as above.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First of all let's make sure you have a full backup of your registry. Then once that is done you will need to manually edit the registry.
Go in to the registry and fond the entries listed above and manually delete them.
Once that is done then reboot and let me know if everything is working correctly.
First follow the next steps to get a full backup of your current registry in case.

ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, There are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.

princessa

princessa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

Problem solved. I used the Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all the games and delete the unwanted registry. Looks ok to me now. Thanks rshaffer61!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible