Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need seriouse help.

• Please log in to reply

dhdrago

dhdrago

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I formatted my friends computer and am reinstalling XP. He got a really nasty virus. Anyway. When I got to run windows setup I'll be going from anywhere between 3 and 10 minutes and the computer will just shut it's self off. I could really use some suggestions on how to fix this. Right now his laptop is pretty much just a large paper weight. I really wasn't sure where to put this so it's in both hardware and software. Thanks.

~Drago

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello dhdrago.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

Please supply system specs like what make and model
memory total
hd total capacity

Without knowing exactly what the ccause of the issue is I'm going to say to look at the
PSU
AC connector
MOBO