Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista am I the only one who loves it

• Please log in to reply

mil77

mil77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had Vista a few months now and keep reading bad reports about it
I just love it and think it it much easier to use then XP
Am I in the minority?
Would love to hear what you all think :)

Advertisements

Marc12

Marc12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also a HUGE fan of vista, there is so many cool new features and it makes previously hard tasks, like partitioning a hard drive, and searching for files a lot easier!! I haven't had ONE problem since i had it! :) :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Pretty normal reaction from people, who really used Vista for a while, not from all those haters, who dislike Vista because they seen it on neighbour's computer :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Vista lovers are in the silent majority. I know far more people who like it than those who hate it. Vista is a victim of bad press. While it got off to a shaky start, it has become a very stable and reliable platform.

Hold on to your hats, though. Windows 7 is even better!

Mark me down as a Vista lover... :)

XxFadedxX

XxFadedxX

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Vista at first had major Compatibility issue but at this point, most programs are compatible with it. I don't know about this because I'm not a programmer or anything (yet) but supposedly there's programming issues with Vista. I'm not saying it's bad, but most people say it's not really a step up from Xp. People view it as a joke like Windows 2000 ME. It's works, but it isn't that innovative from it's predecessor. I know the only reason I got it is because of Direct X 10, since I'm a gamer.
The only things I have a problem with Vista is because it's really really bloated. 10 Gigs to install? 1 Gig of Ram to run? That's really steep considering I only have 2 gigs of ram :). That's why most Netbooks use either Xp or a Linux/Gnu/Debian os. Other than that, I don't see much issues with it. Read a few bugs on it but I'm sure they're fixed with patches/updates by now.
Can't say I love Vista. But I also can't say I hate it.