Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB Headset Mic Not Working... Sound's Great.

• Please log in to reply

thewhiteblurr

thewhiteblurr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, first post here. I've read a lot of posts concerning this topic, but none have worked thus far. So let me refresh the question to see if there are any new ideas.

I've been using a USB headset for quite sometime for gaming, and about in March my mic stopped working. The sound works fine, but the mic won't work. I figured initially my mic was fried. I went out and purchased a new mic, and I'm still having the same problems.

When I go into my volume controls, my mic is turned all the way up, the mic boost is on, and the proper device is selected in voice and what not in the advanced controls. My mic is not muted.

When I go into sound recorder, I can blow into my mic and hear the static, as well as dimly hear myself say 'hello'. Another reminder, mic boost is on.

I've updated all my USB ports, restarted using different ports, etc. NOTHING.

The only thing I can find is in my device manager, my multimedia device manager has the yellow !, i've tried rolling back, updating and disabling this thing and that won't work...

I'm self taught in most of these things, the only other suggestion i haven't tried is updating BIOS or w/e and I don't know how to do that.

Please help!

Advertisements

thewhiteblurr

thewhiteblurr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
/bump just to refresh the thread