Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Poblem installing Office 2007

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Heragui

Heragui

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, greetings from mexico.

I'm having a problem installing office enterprise, after putting the key, when the program is halfway the installation a message appears that says: Office stopped the installation because some windows files are protected; How can I "unprotect" those files? This same office copy was installed without any problems in another PC. I installed my XP from a USB pendrive cause I have an aspire one (no CD or DVD reader, but never had a problem with any other software. Thanks for helping.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where did the Office disk come from?
What other system was this installed on and what system are you trying to install it to?
Are they both desktops or Laptops?

Heragui

Heragui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Both are Xp Professional SP3, the office comes from an iso file created with alcohol from an office CD,I mounted with power iso and alcohol and didn't help, the problem is that the error says that some windows data is protected, don't know what it's talking about. Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Desktop or laptops?

inapaler

inapaler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
try checking your system if there si nothing installed on your system yet. If there is any uninstall it first.

I hope that solves your issue. I am assuming that your installer is really working.

Heragui

Heragui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The one I could install office is desktop PC, the one I can't is an acer aspire one laptop.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where did the original office cd come from and why is it a ISO and not the original cd?

Heragui

Heragui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm almost sure the problem is with windows cause the error says some files are protected, I installed this xp from an usb flash card, the office is in iso file cause a friend lent it to me, created it using alcohol, and already installed it in my desktop pc, cause the lap I'm using is an aspire one, I can't use any CD, well it's a netbook and doesn't have a CD drive. Can I "unprotect" those files from my system? There's nothing to uninstall cause the XP has just been installed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So the office is installed on friends computer, your computer and now you want to install it on your laptop?
Am I understanding that correctly?
What files is it saying are protected?

Heragui

Heragui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah, that's right, doesn't say which files specifically, thhe error during installation says this: office 2007 couldn't be installed because some windows files are protected.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You cannot install office on that many systems
The EULA from Microsoft is very specific about how many systems it can be installed on.
I am asking for verification of this from one of our Administrators so that I can be sure.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the MS office EULA explicitly states that you can install MS Office applications on 1 (ONE) desktop computer and 1 (ONE) mobile computing device at a time with the license key you purchased. you have exceeded this amount and are therefore in violation of the MS EULA for MS Office.

also..reading through this entire thread you say:

the office is in iso file cause a friend lent it to me

which suggests you don't have a license to use the product on ANY computer to begin with.

this thread is now closed, i suggest you buy your own software, you'll find that you have a LOT fewer issues that way