Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crashed and now won't load Windows!

• Please log in to reply

Yakbite

Yakbite

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm a complete noob so please bare with me whilst I try to explain my problem fully...

I cannot load windows, Vista.

Well, I say I can't, I can get a repair screen up when I use a boot disk I downloaded from the internet. After a few nights of faffing around I have finally found a diagnosis...

Root Cause Found:

Bad hard disk: Bugcheck 7a. Parameters= 0xc0403ca0, 0x000000e, 0x302b1860, 0x80794006

Does this mean anything to anyone?

I thought my hard drive had broken, but I can access x: and E;, two partitions I discovered which, presumably would have been lost if my hard drive was kapoot?

Anyhow. If I follow the boot disk option to reinstall windows, it says it cant find the install file on the CD. I presume this is because it is just a boot cd and not vista.

So, basically, is my hard drive screwed and, if not, can I get a copy of vista? (I dont have one) only the security key for vista on the microsoft sticker on the base of my lap top.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Andy

Advertisements