Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD ERROR

• Please log in to reply

cpo312

cpo312

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi all:
I recently did a re-install of Windows Xp Pro on my hp. pavilion zv6000 laptop, and anytime I turn the laptop on I get first, a balloon pop-up from my task bar saying "Found new hardware. Logical Disk manager". Then I get the "Found New Hardware Wizard" window saying "cannot install this hardware, there was a problem installing this hardware-Logical Disk Manager, an error occured during the installation of the device.the class installer......click finish to close the wizard''. I click finish to close th wizard and I get another pop-up balloon saying that "a problem occured trying to install this hardware.... "

In the device manager, under system devices is an unknown device with a yellow "!" and under its properties I get ROOT\DMIO\0000 in the driver details. This is weird, first it says found new hardware-logical disk manager then, the found new hardware wizard. This happens anytime I turn the system on. If I cannot fix this problem can I atleast stop the Found new hardware wizard from coming up anytime i turn system on. Please help. :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and click on your specific model and get your chipset driver and install it...I recommend you get ALL the drivers for your computer and burn them to a cd ...so later down the road if you ever need to reinstall a driver you will have them on hand...