Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

vid card failure?

• Please log in to reply

jiggermoo

jiggermoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
playing a game today i started getting white cubelike lights throught the game. now in the game or not im getting blueih lines everywhere i move something on the desktop and its goes all funky colors, vid card is x1950 saphire 512 runnnin on a asus p5k motherboard. fan works, seated right , cables are connected. just wonderin if its a vid card issue and have to replace it or a motherboard

Advertisements

devZERO

devZERO

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Sounds like your graphics card is artifacting.
Do you know the temperatures which the card is operating?
If not you can download atitool here,

http://download.soft...TITool_0.26.exe

Post the temps you get back here. It could be a simple case of overheating or it could be dead.

jiggermoo

jiggermoo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
last i checked it runs at about 42c according to my ati catalyst center. as well the vga recovery keeps going off . i think it dead i just put an old nvidia in and my problems are gone. so its deff a vid card issue now to replace it with something any suggestions? 200 dollar range. main game i play is wow and watch movies

Edited by jiggermoo, 26 August 2009 - 09:37 PM.