Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No video w new video card 4870 asus p5k-c

• Please log in to reply

curt248

curt248

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just tried to install a ati 4870 into my asus p5k-c motherboard. I also am installing a new harddrive with no os yet.

I do not get any video signal when trying to boot. I'm using the same ram, processor, mb and dvd drive.

I tried to loosen the screws on the mb as others have suggested that the p5k-c is sensitive to bending. This did not work. I also tried moveing the case to its side to no avail. I also tried to move the video card around a bit.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo :)

Can I ask what PSU (power supply) are you using?

The ati 4870 has a dedicated PCI-E power connectors on the back. Make sure you have these plugged in as without it your in the dark.

Also what motherboard are you using?

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

asus p5k-c motherboard

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok ignoring my little mistake there, just making sure you have your graphics card plugged into either the top PCI-E slot or the 2nd from bottom PC-E slot.