Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound coming from speakers please help.

• Please log in to reply

siannabell

siannabell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI all, hope someone can help...
THe last few weeks I wasn't able to get any sound when on internet but was able to get sound from all other apps. My Uncle came to visit sunday and fixed the problem, but by Monday it happened again. When I go to: Control Panel- sound and audio devices- audio tab, the sound playback default device is: Modem #1 Line playback but has no other options to change to?
Today all of a sudden I am unable to get sound from anything?
When I go onto iTunes an error message reads: iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration etc...
I had a look in device manager and next to C-Media AC97 Audio Device is a yellow ! with code 10 I think it said.
How do I fix this problem?
My knowledge of computers is very limited so a step by step guide would come in very handy! lol
Hope someone can help??

Advertisements

Topaz

Topaz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi siannabell.

THe last few weeks I wasn't able to get any sound when on internet but was able to get sound from all other apps.

Could you please explain which Apps worked, plus expand on what, "I wasn't able to get any sound when on internet" ? I assume you mean playback of a Flash Video, or MP3 ?
Thanks for your feedback.

So lets go back to the Device Manager, and right click on the C-Media AC97 Audio Device, and select Properties .
What we're looking for is in the General Tab: "This device is working properly."
As it ( has a yellow!, just need to read any obvious Error messages which should be displayed in the Properties info.

1. please also double click the Volume Icon, near the clock in your Tray.
2. make sure "Master", or "Wave" is not muted !
3. Your Speaker Leads are conected to the Computer? It's a Green Input at back ( you know your Comp better than I, it should be something familiar that plugs in your speakers.)
4. The speakers are turned on ?
5. Give your Uncle a call and ask what he did to enable sound :)

Good luck, please report back, even if you find it's fixed.

Edited by Topaz, 26 August 2009 - 01:27 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Check speaker connection to back of system
Check volume control in windows by doing the following:
Go to Start and The Run
Type in sndvol32.exe and press Enter
Make sure Master Volume is not muted and turned up
Check Cd Player volume is not muted and turned up

Also do the following:

Download Realtek AC97 driver

Let us know if this fixes the problem