Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New laptop

• Please log in to reply

Zylocks

Zylocks

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
hello, i know this section is generally for building PC's, but i was wondering if i could get some advice for laptops.

my sister wants to buy a new laptop, and she's looking to spend 500 - 600 bucks on it. nothing too fancy, she's not looking to play games on it or anything.

internet, movies, pictures, homework, msn etc.

i was wondering if anyone could point some out for me? i've heard to stay away from acer and dell, and that asus is pretty good. any other general advice would be helpful as well.

thanks ind advance!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
If there were 100 different people replying to your post, you would get 100 different opinions and you'd still be wondering which one to buy! Nowadays, with the exception of playing games, almost all laptops offer the basic things you're looking for.

Personally, I like Thinkpads. I've owned them for many years and won't even consider any other vendor. LENOVO has many models to choose from, so you could go there to see if anything catches your eye.

Other than that, you could go HERE and read to your hearts content. They have a ton of reviews on just about any laptop on the market.