Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

desot.exe

• Please log in to reply

WhatAREyou

WhatAREyou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well somehow my computer got this windows antivirus pro and this thing took everything out. i have pc tools spydoctor and avg anti-virus. well my spydoctor kept telling me that it cannot connect to the spydoctor engine therefore would not work. every time i tried to uninstall it the unistall won't come up nor will the add/remove in the control panel.
avg doesn't register any problems. and spydoctor has always gotten rid of the problem before, but now doesn't work.

anyway i searched the internet and did what it told me to do, to the best that i could. i seem to have gotten rid of it by hard deletion (took about 2 hours) the problem with spydoctor never cured itself. so i manually deleted everything i could of spydoctor hoping that i could trigger something. nothing. i deleted enough files though so it reinstalled itself. i told it to copy over any existing files.. the problem is it still doesn't run right can't connect to spydoctor engine. everytime i try to smartupdate an error pops up and tells me there is a problem with desot.exe. i still can't unistall it and the add/remove still isn't working. i have run tuneup utilities 2009 hoping its a registry problem but that comes back as no errors.

HELP ME. this desot.exe is a nightmare. help me fix my spydoctor.

Advertisements