Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Memory Parity Error

• Please log in to reply

Cason

Cason

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a DELL E1705, Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ, with a Geforce Go 7900 gs video card.

It's around 2-3 years old and has been running fine until recently. It started first over-heating extremely. I figured it needed to be cleaned, so i did. After cleaning all the dust from inside of it, it kept over-heating. I then downloaded I8kfangui and basically have the fans on high all the time. (I know its not the best for the system... But its the only thing that helps with the heat problem.) This helped for a little while longer. Until recently it starts to Blue Screen on me after awhile on it. There is no set amount of time and it occurs randomly. Although it happens the most when i try to play a game of some sorts. It would play the game for a little while then Blue Screen on me. I attributed this to the heat problem until it started to just blue screen as soon as the game was brought up.

I have no clue what is wrong with it. I have tried everything that i can think of. The only thing i can think of now is that my video card has gone bad. This in itself presents another problem. I am unable to locate a replacement video card for my laptop.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Cason

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
Whenever a laptop starts overheating, and simple cleaning doesn't fix it, it's time for you to have someone look at it. You don't just keep using it with an overheat problem. :)

The intial over heating most likely damaged the thermal compond, or probably dried it out so much it can't transfer heat to the fan/heatsink efficiently anymore. Thus, it's getting worse and worse. Soon, if you keep using it, you'll overheat the processor until it totally dies... or worse, ruin the motherboard along with the processor and have to end up buying a new laptop.

Laptop repair for someone who has never done it before is difficult at best... at worse, it's more difficult in a forum environment. Your best bet is to take it in to a repair shop so someone can check it out, or if you have a friend who has worked on laptops, have him check it out. If it's still under warranty, (unlikely), contact the laptop manufacture.