Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Restoring My Computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BleedinSkin

BleedinSkin

• Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, yesterday, my computer started acting stupid by logging in but immediately logging off. I fixed this by download RC.ISO and adding the userinit.exe from another computer. I went to restore console, and typed:

H: (this is my cd drive)
cd i386
copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32

and bam I could log in.

Only problem? My desktop was reseted, containing the green hills and blue sky wallpaper, and I only had about 4 icons on it. My programs were all there, but most of them didn't work, saying something about valid and stuff. I realized my Ctrl Alt Delete were also gone, and so was cmd prompt. My wireless network showed a limited or no connectivity error. The system restore was just enabled. I'M IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP. EDIT: My sound is also gone!

The first 3 things of help I need are:
Command Prompt
Control Alt Delete
Wireless Network No Error
I need my sound back.

I know it's a bit much too ask for, but I am really DESPERATE, and I need help of an expert.

Edited by BleedinSkin, 27 August 2009 - 02:06 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since this all started with virus scans and quarantined files according to your original topic located HERE then:

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to the original topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here
This topic will be closed since this is a continence of the original topic.